Picking the right HVAC contractor to install your Amarillo household’s equipment is just as important as choosing the best system for your home. Sure, you might have bought the most efficient air conditioning or heating system on the market, but if it didn’t get properly installed, you’re going to have problems in the upcoming years.
To get the service you and your home deserve, you’re going to want to conduct a bit of research to ensure you hire a trained and experienced HVAC contractor. Here are some questions to ask potential companies to help identify the right person for the job:
- What are the qualifications and licensing of potential HVAC companies? You’ll want to hire a contractor who is Texas licensed and who is a member of national and state contractor associations, such as the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA). Also ask whether their company is properly insured.
- Does the contractor offer a free in-home consultation? Good contractors will do a complete home walk-through and inspect your current HVAC system before explaining your ideal options.
- Once you receive recommendations, ask about the estimated annual operating costs of selected systems’ differing efficiencies. This includes SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) and HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor). These rating systems help homeowners calculate equipment lifetime costs, and how quickly they’ll rebound from initial investment costs.
- Inquire about the company’s staff who will be in your home installing and maintaining your HVAC equipment. Does the contractor employ NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certified technicians? Do they have experience with the type and brand of HVAC equipment you’re installing?
- Ask your HVAC contractor about any warranties, guarantees, or follow-up services they might offer. Do they have an available maintenance service agreement, and what does that entail?
For more information about hiring the best HVAC contractor for your household, contact your local experts at Amarillo Air Conditioning. Our NATE-certified technicians are proud to provide year-round comfort for Amarillo, Canyon and other surrounding Texas panhandle residents.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Amarillo, Texas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC contractors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Neil Lockhart/Shutterstock”